Amazon is one of the largest seller community in the ecommerce industry. According to Market Pulse, there were over 6 million international sellers on Amazon in 2021. The number of sellers is ever-expanding, however, one thing remains constant – this is Amazon’s focus on security and obligatory verification process that Amazon sellers must complete to reach out to potential customers.
Amazon Seller Account Verification is a process conducted by Amazon to validate the authenticity and legitimacy of a seller’s identity and business. If you’re wondering how can I verify my Amazon account, it’s crucial to understand that this is an essential part of Amazon’s efforts to maintain a secure and trustworthy marketplace. It involves the submission and review of various legal and business documents, as well as possible further checks such as phone or video verification.
The main objectives of Amazon’s verification process are:
- Protecting customers. By thoroughly vetting sellers, Amazon ensures that customers are shielded from those who might deliver substandard products or poor customer experiences.
- Shielding legitimate sellers. Amazon strives to create a fair marketplace, free from sellers who might utilise unethical tactics to gain an unfair advantage.
- Preventing illegal activities. Verification plays a vital role in combating counterfeit goods, money laundering, and other illicit practices that could harm Amazon’s platform and its users.
As we venture further into this blog post, we will walk you through this process in detail, ensuring that you feel confident and prepared to take the next steps in your Amazon selling journey. Let’s explore the world of Amazon account verification together, making the process less daunting and more rewarding for you. So, stay tuned and continue reading for an insightful guide to Amazon Seller Account Verification.
Table of Contents
Respond to Support Inquiries Promptly
Efficient communication with Amazon’s support team is a critical aspect of the verification process. It’s not uncommon for the Amazon team to reach out for additional information or to clarify details during the verification process. If you’re wondering how to verify my Amazon account, responding promptly and accurately to these inquiries is key.
A quick response time demonstrates your commitment to maintaining the integrity of your Amazon seller account and can potentially speed up the verification process. On the other hand, failure to respond timely or providing incorrect information can lead to delays, additional scrutiny, or even account suspension.
Always maintain vigilance over the email associated with your Amazon account and make sure to respond to any inquiries within the specified time frame. Keep your responses concise, clear, and comprehensive, addressing all the questions raised by the support team. This may even include queries on the process of how to verify your mobile number in your Amazon business account. By actively engaging in this manner, you’ll be facilitating a smoother Amazon account verification experience.
Organise and Maintain Necessary Documentation
Amazon will require specific details about your business, including:
- Legal business name.
- Business address.
- Bank statement (no older than 2 months)
- Contact information.
- Email address for the company account.
- An internationally chargeable credit card.
- Phone number.
- Federal Tax ID; this can be your social security number or your business’ Federal Tax ID number.
- State Tax ID (if you are a U.S. seller).
If any of this information isn’t valid, Amazon may cancel your registration. Your phone number is also essential as Amazon may need to reach you during the registration process and will use this number to verify your Amazon account.
General Requirements about Documents You Provide
For successful Amazon account verification, it’s important not only to provide the right documents to the support representatives but make sure they correspond to strict requirements. Documents provided should:
- Display the same information that matches the information used to register an Amazon Pay merchant account. You can update any incorrect details by logging into Seller Central and navigating to Settings > Account Info > Business Address.
- Be clear, not blurry, and scanned images.
- Display the full document page.
- Be valid (not expired, revoked, or closed if applicable).
- Be in English.
- Be less than 10MB in size.
- Be in one of these formats: *.png, *.tiff, *.tif, *.jpg, *.jpeg, and *.pdf. Do not include special characters in the file name (examples: $, &, or #).
- Be authentic and unaltered.
Get Prepared for Video Verification
As part of the Amazon verification process, you may be required to participate in a video call. This is another measure Amazon takes to ensure the legitimacy of its sellers. It might seem daunting, but with a little preparation, you can ace this step:
- Stable Internet Connection. Ensure you have a reliable and fast internet connection. Any disruption or poor quality connection can result in delays or complications in the verification process.
- Language Proficiency. The call will likely be conducted in English, so it’s essential to be comfortable speaking and understanding the language. If you have difficulty with English, consider having a translator present during the call.
- Document Preparation. Have all your relevant documents nearby and ready for presentation during the call. These might include identification and business documents that you’ve already submitted during the earlier stages of verification.
- Professional Environment. Conduct the call in a quiet, well-lit place where you’re unlikely to be interrupted. This not only helps to avoid disruptions but also shows your professionalism.
- Attire. Dress appropriately for the video call. Business casual attire is generally acceptable.
The video verification call is a critical part of Amazon seller account verification, so giving it the importance it deserves is crucial. Being prepared can help make the process go smoothly and successfully.
Pro Tip: Maintain Your Account
After successfully verifying you might wonder, how do I verify my Amazon account in the future or maintain its good standing?” Here’s how:
- Proactively Address Policy Violations. Regularly review Amazon’s policies and ensure your account and listings are in compliance. If you receive a notification of a potential policy violation, address it promptly to avoid penalties.
- Monitor Product Listings. Regularly check your product listings for accuracy and compliance with Amazon’s listing guidelines. Ensure product descriptions, images, and other information are always accurate and up-to-date.
- Address Intellectual Property Concerns. Respect intellectual property rights. If you receive a complaint regarding intellectual property infringement, take it seriously and address it immediately.
- Prepare for Re-Verification. Amazon may periodically re-verify your account to ensure continued compliance with its policies. Maintain all relevant documents and be ready to go through the verification process again if needed.
Proactive account maintenance helps you avoid potential issues and is crucial for long-term success on Amazon. Remember, account verification is not a one-time event but an ongoing process in maintaining the health and integrity of your Amazon Seller Account.
Wrapping Up on How to Verify Amazon Account
Learning how to get amazon account verified and maintaining your account can be a seamless process when you have all necessary documentation and information at hand. If you need assistance navigating this process, feel free to contact Chern & Co for expert guidance on how to get your Amazon account verified. Our team is dedicated to assisting local and international clients in setting up and managing their Amazon seller account.